Wednesday, May 22

 
(5/20/02, 4 p.m. ET) -- Ted Nugent was the target of the Osbourne family's rage after hearing Nugent's comments about The Osbournes show. Nugent told the New York Post, "I think it's an indictment to the soullessness of modern man that we get a kick out of witnessing a magnificent creature reduced to a blithering hopeless idiot." Nugent says the paper didn't print his complete statement.
"My first comment was that, isn't it fantastic and thank God. I think it saved Ozzy's life that he met and eventually married Sharon--I hope he finally realizes he is married to Sharon--because she really has managed what is left of Ozzy into a wonderful, wonderful, increased quality of life," he explains. "I'm confident that they're sharing it with the best of their ability with their children."
Nugent adds, "However, what is displayed on the Osbournes TV show is what I said it was. Its success could be an indictment to the soullessness of my fellow Americans who don't just watch it because it's funny, because it's not funny when you see people that have a scattered shambles of a life like that. And they can criticize me and make fun of me for killing Bambi and all that other vacuous transparencies. But I wish nothing but the best for the Osbournes."
Nugent wants to get on the phone with Osbourne to clear the air and to try to get Osbourne and family pointed in the right direction. "I would like to speak to Ozzy personally about it because...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?