I am stressed right now as I try to finish chapter four of my dissertation before a looming deadline. It is a snarled mess, but there is some good stuff in there. As I try not to think of it this weekend, I find myself obsessing over weird things.
- tuning my crosman air pistol obsessively
- planning on building a full fairing for my recumbent, to replace my car
- installing all sorts of weird little scripts and consolidation a lot of my data
- learning radical, invasive new productivity methods that I don't have time to learn right now
- withdrawing from real contact with spouse and family
- Guilt, guilt, guilt!
- renting too many movies
- drinking milk again (the equivalent of taking up smoking for me)