Tuesday, July 10

 
I'm reverse outlining my prospectus by inserting short paragraph summaries in brackets, i.e. "[literacy is tied to specific cultural contexts]"

After I've done that, I then run a macro that combines all of the bracketed comments into one long list, which I then play with. I'm doing this so I can locate areas most needing expansion and work on my overall structure and argument. BBedit has a built-in macro that lets you "copy lines containing" but in windows you have to do the following:

You can use the EditReplace function in Word to cut lines containing
the target string if you turn on Use Wild Cards or Pattern Matching.
Search for (^p)(*)(TargetString)(*)(^p) and replace with \1 should
delete any lines except the first one which contain the target string.

Would be easy to write a Word macro to do the copy bit but you would
have to tell us which word processor you currently have and which
version. Word 6/7 has a different macro language than Word 97.

Ron



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?