Tuesday, May 8

 
Radio College - Speaker Series Scott Carrier replying to Rebecca Rumsey.

Karma applies to interviewing in that I think you
immediately get back what you give out, and it applies to
production or the finished piece in that I am responsible
and accountable for the validity of my work.

As far as Bowden is concerned, I like his work because he
doesn't write like anyone else. I like all those things
you mentioned about him. He writes what he wants to write,
and doesn't worry about the critics. Maybe someday he'll
get the attention that he deserves. Right now, hardly
anyone reads him.

As far as your other questions, I just don't understand
them. Sorry. Maybe if you could say them in another,
simpler, way. It seems like you're asking, How do I know
I'm doing the right thing? And the answer to that is I
don't. I just try to do the best thing I can think of at
the time. It's entirely possible I'm completely f***ed up,
most of the time.

Reply to Nick:

I really like that sentence, "Monday morning I call a big
drum woman at the Mole Lake Chippewa." I bet it was a good
piece of tape.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?